[From David McMurry, our Senior Pastor]
“Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!
– Psalm 115:1“
Every January, the leadership of the church looks back on the previous year and looks forward to the new one. We make a point to pause and celebrate God’s love and faithfulness in our midst.
In 2011, Grace Bible Church expanded steadily and deepened significantly.
We expanded through continued growth in attendance and baptisms. We attracted mature Christian leaders, and many un-churched families. We expanded our capacity with a healthy 3rd Service, improved facilities, and a growing building fund.
We also deepened significantly through increased ministry partnership among our members. This led to a dramatic increase in volunteers, small groups, giving, leadership development, and infrastructure (we doubled our deacons, and wrote S.O.P.s in multiple areas).
2011 was hard, but also grace-filled.
In 2011, more soldiers were simultaneously deployed from Fort Hood (and from Grace Bible Church) than any other time in ten years of war. In 2011, we walked with four families through the loss of infant children. In 2011, the chairman of our deacon board got cancer, and our most seasoned elder moved to a new state. In the midst of the difficulties, we can still see God at work growing us in our dependence on his grace, and growing the number of people hearing the Gospel and responding to it in faith and life transformation.
What’s next? As the pastors and elders celebrated God’s work in 2011, we also prayed about our direction for 2012. Here are the critical needs we want our members to focus on in the new year:
- 3rd SERVICE: We need every member to consider attending or inviting friends to the 5 pm service. We are out of space at 9 and 10:30.
- OUR FUTURE: We need every member to pray for clarity in our future plans. Should we buy land? Should we pay off our building more quickly? Should we plant new independent churches? Should we expand to multiple locations? We need you to pray with us for God to guide us as we narrow our choices.
- FIND AN APPRENTICE: We need every member to bring a partner alongside them in their area of ministry.
- OWN THE VISION: We need every member to grow as a disciple of Jesus.
- Are you trusting in God’s GRACE personally?
- Are you submitting to the BIBLE in community?
- Are you being the CHURCH in ministry?