[From Lauris Shepherd, one of our Elders]
Don’t forget the ½ Day in Prayer this Saturday, Feb. 11 beginning 8 a.m. at the Plaza Del Sol!
Prayer Tip #47
Are you so aware of sin and failure that you cannot pray with confidence or even pray at all? I have Good News for you children of God. Look up!
- I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Prov. 28:13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
- I Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
It’s paid for….in full! Debt cancelled. God’s forgotten it and there’s no use bringing it up (or dwelling on it). We are “justified by His blood” (Romans 5:9) through faith (5:1). Because I’m justified, my standing is just-as-if-I’d-never-sinned.
But wait! Much more than being completely cleansed continually and having a clean slate, we are infinitely righteous in Christ.
- II Cor. 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Remember Gal. 2:20, I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the lifewhich I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
So who’s really doing the praying now? It’s Jesus in me. Do you think the Father is reluctant to hear His Son’s voice? Rather, He delights to hear Jesus in you praying.
Don’t pray anymore as your old self. That person died. Pray always in the Spirit, out of your new self, the Jesus in you person.
- For more information on the GBC Prayer Team, visit begrace.org/ministries/prayer-team.
- For more information on GBC, visit begrace.org.