Last week I wrote a blog about what it means to be gospel-centered. In that entry I asked the questions, “If you were asked to share the gospel could you do it in a clear and concise way?” and, “What verses would you use to support your points?” This week I thought I’d take a moment to share some of the points and verse I’d use in sharing the gospel with someone. Here they are in quick succession:
- God is Holy (Deuteronomy 32:3-4)
- God created all things (John 1:3)
- God created man to be in relationship with Him (Genesis 1-2)
- Sin separates all of us from God (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
- God sent Jesus into the world to save us (1 Timothy 1:15; John 3:16)
- Jesus died for our sins (Hebrews 9:22)
- Jesus was resurrected (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- We can know God through belief in Jesus and repentance of our sins (Romans 10:9)
Remember, we are all commanded to share the gospel with our actions and our words. Let us show our love for Jesus by obeying him.
For more information about Grace Bible Church, visit begrace.org.