What are some of the characteristics of “praying always in the Spirit”?
- Praying in faith – believing that He is and that He rewards those who seek Him. Heb. 11:6
- Confident that God causes all things to work together for my good. Rom. 8:28
- Praying with thanksgiving rather than worry and anxiety – Phil. 4:6
- Entering His presence with praise and adoration and thanksgiving – Ps. 100:4
- Being aware that the only way I can stand in His presence is by the blood of Christ continually cleansing me from all sin – Heb. 10:19-22
- Praying scripture, particularly the promises of God.
In the book Reese Howells Intercessor he relates that God impressed upon him very clearly to “pray only the prayers that I give you.” He said the result was victorious prayer that always got answered. I often ask the Lord to show me what to pray in a situation or for a presenting need. Then I try to listen and pray what He impresses upon me to pray. All of this is part of getting to know God.